EVGA Teases Its ACX Graphics Card Cooler with Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown9122

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
I disagree eklipz, I think they look great. They are probably supposed to replace the Signature2 line (dual fan coolers currently on some EVGA 660Ti, 670, and 680 models).

No coincidence the new ACX cooler is set to debut on 5/23/13, the same day the GTX 780 is released.
I think EVGA is finally realizing that their typical reference coolers are in need of an upgrade. No matter what upgrades they put into their PCB's and components, that reference cooler always put them a step behind in terms of perception.

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Actually its not the coolers holding back overclocks its nvidias lockdown of the voltage and not allowing its partners to alter the pcb . The only point of putting a new cooler on the card is if it performs the same but can do it with less noise. Overclock won't be any different as it's voltage limited not heat limited.

Actually I have been pleased with the reference cooler design on my EVGA factory o/c 680. Granted when upping the fan speed above 75% it can sound like a dust buster, but I either wear headphones or have my 5.1 speakers blaring when gaming and can't hear it under load. Exiting hot air out of the case is a better than having two or three fans blowing internally on the GPU.

mchawk

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Can't believe this made up to a article,
Can't believe I've read it and watched the god damn 38 sec video
Can't believe I'm wasting my time writing this...
Wait what?

Status
Not open for further replies.