News EVGA's classified AMD motherboard has been declassified — EVGA X670E Classified prototype motherboard fetches over $1,300

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
To think...id have one of these instead of a crosshair x670e extreme but noooooo nVidia had to go and anger the best hardware company in gaming to the point that they just quit the entire market

Reactions: Notton
EVGA let the entire motherboard development team go so unsurprising. It's really sad though because they seemed like a good, scrappy and dedicated group. They were definitely towards the top of my list for future platform until the layoffs happened. Had they gotten more development time they'd have probably been able to compete directly with Asus' Apex line.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

BillyBuerger

Reputable
Jan 12, 2021
I like the layout of the that motherboard. Having the CPU power edge mounted right next to the ATX power makes a much cleaner install then in the normal top left corner position. I had a Soltek motherboard WAY back that had the memory at the top instead of on the side like this. Although with modern large air coolers, there could be interference between the CPU heat sink and the GPU. But I still like it.