EVGA's 'DIY Configurator' Offers Guidance, Discounts On Part Bundles

Status
Not open for further replies.

compprob237

Distinguished
Interesting but I think services like PC Part Picker offer better flexibility in the process. The only thing missing with that service, honestly, is explanations for some items in a PC build so that people attempting to build their first PC can learn what goes where, why, and how.

I just ran a test of what I would have purchased (GTX 1070 and an 850W G3 PSU). You have to buy a minimum of three items to qualify for the kit discount. But not only that, the video card choices are minimal, at least for the 1070. They only offer three models when they have 12 of them in the product lineup. They forced me to also buy a case as the third item in the bundle. I couldn't pick a cheaper component like a peripheral. So the pricing and discount would be as follows:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING, 08G-P4-6276-KR, 8GB GDDR5, ACX 3.0 & RGB LED
MSRP: $443.99
QTY: 1

EVGA DG-87 Full Tower, K-Boost, Hardware Fan Controller, w/Window, Gaming Case 100-E1-1236-K0
MSRP: $229.99

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3, 80 Plus Gold 850W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with New HDB Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-G3-0850-X1
MSRP: $149.99

Sub-Total:
$823.97

Discount:
$123.60

Total:
$700.37

The same items cost $800 on NewEgg + $15 shipping. No sales tax however, and I know EVGA charges it. I did not get their shipping charges. So this *may* turn out to be a deal for someone who definitely wants specific EVGA items. I'd have liked to have seen a minimum of two (big ticket) items to bundle, not three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS