EVGA's X99 Micro2 Comes With USB Type-C, USB 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article: "Going across the board, you'll find an LGA2011 socket that is wired to four DDR4 memory slots..."

The picture only shows 2 memory slots.

Edit: Wait, there are two more slots on the other side of the processor. That angled shot slightly hides them.

CROOKID

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

It definitely depends. I am not a fanboy of any brand and both Asus and EVGA have treated me very well in terms of having a motherboard without issue. EVGA's support is always amazing for me when I need it. However, for my X99 build I am going MSI to give them a shot. I try to switch it up with builds to try out different companies and remain knowledgeable/unbiased.

However, if let's say there is a board of equal quality both with the features I want, I like the aesthetics equally and it's between Asus or EVGA; I will likely go with EVGA. To me, besides their great support, they are the lesser of many evils when it comes to gimmicks in my opinion.

That is to answer your question about brands/boards in general. If you were asking what I meant specifically in that post--perhaps I wasn't clear. EVGA's support is much better than Asus'. I also think people underestimate good support. No matter how trouble-free your experience may be, there is always a time through it's life you will need to contact support. Whether it's for an issue, question about an accessory, compatibility, or even upgrading--the time comes. If you are speaking to someone that barely speaks your language, isn't knowledgeable and/or takes forever to answer the phone or get back to you (all of which has happened when dealing with Asus. Even their SALES department)--it can be an excruciating experience. On the other side of things, when it's good, it builds a relationship for life. Which is why I always feel good when an EVGA product is the right way to go.

@CROOKID:

That helps to clarify it - you like EVGA's support better than ASUS. I couldn't tell if you meant they were better or worse than ASUS' support.

I have to agree - I think ASUS has been gotten bigger & hasn't invested as much back into Support. They have built a reputation for "better" boards over the years, but they are definitely falling off in the support side. I suppose that mimics the rest of the world, though - maximize profits and don't invest too much into Customer Service, which is considered a profit loss-leader.

CROOKID

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

I don't know about "better", to be honest. It use to be Asus was the best motherboard manufacturer, but in terms of value, they no longer are on top. I would say MSI is making the best boards at the moment in terms of features and ASRock in terms of value. Gigabyte has also been pretty popular for overclocking.

But I guess that's what you meant by putting 'better' it in quotes.

This is just going off of what I have heard and read in reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.