'Evolve' Becomes Free-To-Play After Massive Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwohl

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
I do know a couple dudes bought for consoles - but did anyone buy this for PC? Nobody I know....

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
IDK. For multiplayer, its like, it has to compete with a lot of games and if it does, i'm going to spend so much time in it, that monetization doesn't scare me. The two main problems i had with Evolve at launch:
1. leveling to unlock new gameplay mechanics is a shitty mechanic. Everyone will probably have a favorite weapon to use, some people have theirs from the start, others have to grind their asses off to get it. Others will never find a weapon they like.
2. None of the weapons looked particularly fun to use. I think probably because of the gameplay revolving around killing an ultra strong monster, it meant gameplay mechanics couldn't be very tight because the monster is just a bullet sponge. Things like a small clip size can have a huge positive impact on a gun in a traditional shooter, but in Evolve, its like, well, the monster is going to have to take like a billion of your bullets regardless, the weapon just looks like a sponge. Asymmetric fps multiplayer is a great concept, i just wish it was done in a way that didn't sacrifice on tight fps gun design to accomplish it.

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010

Titanfall 2 could be fun even if all of us are a bit skeptical. The only new thing it does to the genre is add mechs that somehow fall from the sky in an orderly fashion ever X number of minutes. This time there is grappling hooks too.... The concept of Evolve never appealed to me. It seems like Left4dead except you just fight the tank every round.

williamcummins

Reputable
May 9, 2014
I was so salty at first when i heard the news. But then a friend of mine made me realize this : The game is fun when you play with people you know. Now that it's free to play, it'll be much easier to convince my friends to play with me. Because yes, I had fun with this game, even if I paid 90$CAD for it.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Too bad it DX10 only. They are either MS wh0res who let MS buy them into DX10 specific game or they stupid and shut out many players.

Status
Not open for further replies.