Ex-Palm Chief Rubinstein Has Resigned From HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"abandoning its plans to release additional webOS-based hardware."
That is the problem... there should not be any web-OS based hardware. With WebOS open sourced, devs should be able to install it on ANY hardware, thus bringing a stellar OS to any phone/tablet out there. All they need to do is write the drivers for the few manufacturer-specific hardware out there and leave the rest to the devs.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Once Google announced Android and it's plans Both RIM and webOS should have quickly went open as well. It is simply too late now and it no longer matters what either of them do. The only ones that can afford to remain closed is Apple.

This is what happens when you ignore a threat just because it is a new one, you can easily end up getting dominated. Just look at Blockbuster as a prime example of this.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Both RIM and webOS should have quickly went open as well. It is simply too late now and it no longer matters what either of them do.
I would love an alternative to Android, and it ain't the
IOS prison.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I have a question for Microsoft... if a reporter from Toms can ask...

The Long and boring name "WindowsPhone" has got to go. Look at these cool names: iOS, Android, WebOS...

Here is my idea:
"Metro 2.0" for the phone (I know, its nicer to have it match the desktop) or
"Metro 8"

Then call the desktop its current name "Windows 8" which uses the Metro interface.

SERIOSULY, WindowsPhone8 or WP8 looks... lame, rolls off the tongue badly.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
its really nto his fault WebOS was't well recieved... the OS was sound, most peopel who tried it loved it, heck ICS took alot of interface ques from WebOS... it was defeated by advertising, whoever decided a very pale balerina would make a great spokes person to techies/ main stram consumers should have been imediatly fired and a new advertising strategist hired

G

Why not take a well deserved break, Rubinstein - 1st Palm, then HP WebOS. And after the break - who knows, maybe you can go to another company!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS