excellent program

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CRaSH <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote:

> Now that is impressive!! I'll have to play with GE somemore - I just tried
> locally first, then my old neighborhood in Kansas City (not far from int'l
> airport), and neither one was very good, although KC was a little better..

As you are zooming in but still out quite far, you can tell the high
resolution areas from the low by the colors. Grey/brown blocks are areas
of higher resolution and the most satisfying to zoom way in, whereas the
green/blue areas are the areas of lower resolution, which produces a
blocky, low detail image when zooming way in.

--
Peter

___| reply |__________________________________________________________

Geeze, mate - I don't think Quilljar or David Wilson-Okamura are going
to stand for that! :)

This is a fascinating program, has anyone developed a way to merge it with
FS?
Denlow
"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Goran <G-Man> wrote:
>
>> A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
>> Download it and you'll see.
>> Hey, that rhymes.
>
> I had seen this mentioned in the aviation newsgroup but as of last week
> Google had temporarily taken down the link, presumably due to the
> overwhelming response to the program.
>
> After seeing your post, I decided to take a break from work and d/l it.
> Absolutely incredible. In a way, it seems to use a similar technology as
> FS2004.
>
> --
> Peter

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

dallas

"RandyL"
> I agree, this is a terrific program. I have been using this program
for
> about 6-8 months (it used to be called Keyhole-before
> that I know. It costs about $30 you subscribe for a year,

So now I'm confused. I have the expired Keyhole demo on my computer and
they still want $20 to reactivate it. Is Google Earth the same thing for
free?

Dallas

dallas

"David Wilson-Okamura"
> corrected him for ending a sentence with a preposition.)

A young Arkansas girl asked a saleslady at Neiman Marcus, "How long is that
on sale for?"

The Neiman Marcus saleslady replied, "Young lady, here at Neiman Marcus we
do not end our sentences with prepositions."

So the young Arkansas girl replied, "OK... how's this? How long is that on
sale for, Bitch."

Dallas

Dallas wrote:
> "RandyL"
>
>> I agree, this is a terrific program. I have been using this program
>
> for
>
>>about 6-8 months (it used to be called Keyhole-before
>>that I know. It costs about $30 you subscribe for a year,
>

> So now I'm confused. I have the expired Keyhole demo on my computer and
> they still want $20 to reactivate it. Is Google Earth the same thing for
> free?
>
> Dallas

Not free! I uninstalled the Keyhole demo program. When I downloaded and
installed GoogleEarth it read the expired keyhole program and wanted me
to send money to use plus. I might do that anyway.

Mike

dallas

"mike wheelock"
> Not free! I uninstalled the Keyhole demo program. When I downloaded and
> installed GoogleEarth it read the expired keyhole program and wanted me
> to send money to use plus. I might do that anyway.

Oh great! everybody else gets it for free but because we tried their demo
we still have to pay?

Dallas

Quite so! :)

JW
"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1121371512.28189@forums.simradar.com...

> ___| reply |__________________________________________________________
>
> Geeze, mate - I don't think Quilljar or David Wilson-Okamura are going
> to stand for that! :)

Hi Varmit,

Rip snorter, mate!!

That's the trouble with these new multi-media keyboards - you can't get
any of those waterproof skins to fit them, as they did the old standard
keyboards. :))

Regards,
John Ward

> "David Wilson-Okamura"
>> corrected him for ending a sentence with a preposition.)
>
> A young Arkansas girl asked a saleslady at Neiman Marcus, "How long is
> that
> on sale for?"
>
> The Neiman Marcus saleslady replied, "Young lady, here at Neiman Marcus we
> do not end our sentences with prepositions."
>
> So the young Arkansas girl replied, "OK... how's this? How long is that on
> sale for, Bitch."
>

> Dallas

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in question.
Crisis over.

--
The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you

> "mike wheelock"
>> Not free! I uninstalled the Keyhole demo program. When I downloaded and
>> installed GoogleEarth it read the expired keyhole program and wanted me
>> to send money to use plus. I might do that anyway.
>
> Oh great! everybody else gets it for free but because we tried their demo
> we still have to pay?
>
> Dallas

crash

Goran wrote:
> easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in
> question. Crisis over.

I got a hunch the free part is going to last long enough to get everyone
hooked, then.......... :)

dallas

"Goran"
> easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in question.
> Crisis over.

I'll try that, but I can't believe their programmers would make it so easy
to defeat the trial mode's security.

Dallas

CRaSH wrote:
> Goran wrote:
>
>>easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in
>>question. Crisis over.
>>

> I got a hunch the free part is going to last long enough to get everyone
> hooked, then.......... :)

So then we delete the registry files every 30 days or so:)

Dallas wrote:
> "Goran"
>
>>easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in question.
>>Crisis over.
>

> I'll try that, but I can't believe their programmers would make it so easy
> to defeat the trial mode's security.
>
> Dallas

I uninstalled Google Earth looked in registry to delete Keyhole,
couldn't find it. I did find Google Earth Plus, I deleted that. I
reinstalled Google Earth same problem.

So I went back to the registry to start over. This time I saw a listing
for Keyhole under Google. It pointed to a location, in my case,
C:\Documents and settings/owner/application data/keyhole. I deleted
that also. I reinstalled G E and same problem it detected an expired
account.

I will say though that the file I try to install is G E Plus. I
couldn't get the other to download. They are both the same name.

Mike

dallas

"mike wheelock"
> So I went back to the registry to start over. This time I saw a listing
> for Keyhole under Google. I reinstalled G E and same problem it
> detected an expired account.

Thanks for saving me the effort... Google obviously planted a well hidden
marker somewhere on the hard drive that we can't find. I guess we could
download some cracking tools to find it, but I don't have that much time in
my life. :)

Or we could bug Google to upload a fix for the mistake. I wonder how they
intend to handle all those customers who purchased Keyhole... I guess
they'll prorate a refund? <G>

Dallas

dallas

"mike wheelock"
> reinstalled Google Earth same problem.

Hey Mike, try this from Google support:

If you are receiving an expired account message when attempting to log on to
Google Earth Plus, this may be because an initial trial or subscription for
Keyhole 2 LT has expired. Enter your user name, password and license key for
your Keyhole 2 NV subscription and you should be able to login successfully
for Google Earth Plus. If you are still encountering any login difficulties
after entering this information, please verify that this login is correct
through the following link:

http://registration.keyhole.com/pw_find_nvidiaoem.html

I'd try it but I haven't installed Google Earth yet.

Dallas

So I went back to the web site http://earth.google.com/index.html .
The program will run free minus the extras. By paying $20 a year you
get better graphics, GPS, and the ability to import spread sheets.

When trying to see my sons house, the address wouldn't work but it would
bring up the zip code. I tried the "fly too" put in SFO and it zoomed
into the airport. When I zoomed out a little I could see hotels around.

Dallas wrote:
> "mike wheelock"
>
>>reinstalled Google Earth same problem.
>

> Hey Mike, try this from Google support:
>
> If you are receiving an expired account message when attempting to log on to
> Google Earth Plus, this may be because an initial trial or subscription for
> Keyhole 2 LT has expired. Enter your user name, password and license key for
> your Keyhole 2 NV subscription and you should be able to login successfully
> for Google Earth Plus. If you are still encountering any login difficulties
> after entering this information, please verify that this login is correct
> through the following link:
>
> http://registration.keyhole.com/pw_find_nvidiaoem.html
>
> I'd try it but I haven't installed Google Earth yet.
>
> Dallas

Thanks but I tried and since I just used the demo before I'd still need
to buy a new subscription. I might do that still undecided.

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

google earth is free and has unlimited use. No trial version.

--
"mike wheelock" <wheels2@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message
> CRaSH wrote:
>> Goran wrote:
>>
>>>easy fix. just delete your registry entries of the program in
>>>question. Crisis over.
>>>

>> I got a hunch the free part is going to last long enough to get everyone
>> hooked, then.......... :)
> So then we delete the registry files every 30 days or so:)

dallas

"mike wheelock"
> Thanks but I tried and since I just used the demo before I'd still need
> to buy a new subscription. I might do that still undecided.

Na.. as I read it, they want you to input your trial version user name,
password and license key. However, I can't remember what the license key
is. I emailed the question to support, I'll post what they say if I get an
answer.

Dallas

Hi mike wheelock,

"....and the ability to import spread sheets...."

I hope Gregory noticed that part of your post! :))

Regards,
John Ward

"Goran" <G-Man> wrote in message news:42d495de$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>A little to do with flight. It's a damn dandy program. And it's free.
>Download it and you'll see.
> Hey, that rhymes.
> ;o)
>
> http://earth.google.com

For some cool things you can do with Google Earth, see
http://www.googleearthhacks.com.

Wayne

Wayne Citrin <wcitrin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> For some cool things you can do with Google Earth, see
> http://www.googleearthhacks.com.

Thanks for that! Good stuff.

--
Peter