Excellent Signal Strength and Low Singal Quality

sudev atgur

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Hi,
I recently (yesterday) bought TP-Link Archer C1200 router, because I had issues regarding Wireless speeds, and I still have that. My plan is around 75 Mbps and over wireless I'm getting around 20-40 Mbps and the link speed is at MAX 72 Mbps, So after this I called I ISP and they told me the problem is within router because I'm getting proper speed with my LAN cable. Help me out to improve my Link speed so I can get proper Speeds.

PS: I had same issues with previous router got that exchanged, still same issue existed and then I bought this router.

hussainali88

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

It seems your issue lay in the wireless network card you are using.

First try and connect to 5GHz network as it supports higher speeds compared to 2.4GHz

If that didn't solve your problem then you may need to upgrade your PC/laptop card to a card which support 802.11ac standard.

sudev atgur

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

The problem is that my PC doesn't support 5 GHz network and the only device that supports is my Phone and I want it for my PC and using LAN is tough because my PC is far from router. I use TP-Link USB WiFi modem and it supports upto 300 Mbps which states that it supports latest ac standards