Question Excessive GPU vram usage

Sep 29, 2022
I have i7 11700kf processor, 32gb of 3200mhz ram, rtx 3080 10 gb. When playing any game my gpu vram gets up to 9.8 gbs and starts stuttering with framerates going from 20fps in 99% to 40 in the overall fps eventhough it is only using 60 percent overall gpu usage. I'd love to play beamng.drive but my gpu memory shoots up to full even when playing on gridmap.

I think there might be a memory leak any help from anybody will be graciously thanked.

What resolution are you playing at? Here is an older video for Beaming game settings, but maybe you can gleam something helpful from it. Sorry forgot to add have you looked at your virtual memory to make sure it is using proper amount and being controlled by the pc? I would also double check to make sure your ram is running at 3200mhz.

Sep 29, 2022
What resolution are you playing at? Here is an older video for Beaming game settings, but maybe you can gleam something helpful from it. Sorry forgot to add have you looked at your virtual memory to make sure it is using proper amount and being controlled by the pc? I would also double check to make sure your ram is running at 3200mhz.

Im running in 4k, but its not just beamng.drive that gets the vram memory high. I have done all of your recommendations as well but no fix. My memory is clocked at 3200mhz and everything else seems fine, just my gpu is reaching max memory for the most basic of tasks. I also switched to 1080p because I have a 144hz monitor but it still stutters around 60 and 90 fps, while maxing out vram.

I would suggest completely wiping the video card drivers to start:
If you still have issues:
  • Open up Task Manager
  • Go to the Details tab
  • Right click on the category header
  • Select "Select columns"
  • Tick the "Dedicated GPU memory" and "Shared GPU memory" boxes
This will show you which apps are hogging up GPU memory.

TRENDING THREADS