[SOLVED] Existing system - adding RTX3060 - No POST

Jan 7, 2022
Hey experts!

I have just built a system, but the graphics card was delayed, so built it using an old 710 (I know!) so I could at least get the system set up with Win10(64) and the drives all ready.

System: Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Pro (WiFi), Processor Ryzen 7 5800X, Corsair 1000w PSU, Corsair 32GB Ram (DDR4/3200), 256 SSD for OS, 1TB M.2 for the games.

Anyway, the ASUS Duel RTX 3060 O12C V2 card arrived, so simple I thought, unplugged the 710, popped the 3060 in...and no POST. ASUS Q-LEDs VGA Light on motherboard is on (white), so I assume the motherboard isn't happy with the 3060, but can't see why.

I updated the BIOS to the latest from ASUS Site, no impact, tried CMOS battery trick, no impact.

Any thoughts? I hope to test the 3060 graphics card in a friend system over the next few days, but don't have a second PC to test with.

Solution
ok, so found and resolved the issue...

You know that saying, a team is only as strong as its weakest member....well its true! My HDMI cable (was new) was not up to standard. Replaced it with a new branded HDMI cable, and boom got a display!

Live and learn. Don't go cheap!
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks for the welcome! Been reading these forums for years, though it time to interact!

I'll try the DDU but not sure its the issue, given if I remove the boot drive, the 710 will still POST and I can get to BIOS. The 3060 - just nothing! Although its fan spin for a moment and the ambient LED lights are on! Just no POST.

I'll feedback.

Jan 7, 2022
ok, so found and resolved the issue...

You know that saying, a team is only as strong as its weakest member....well its true! My HDMI cable (was new) was not up to standard. Replaced it with a new branded HDMI cable, and boom got a display!

Live and learn. Don't go cheap!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS