Lance

When I go into Start, I can not expand any folders. Those that have the
arrow on the right should show listings in these folders but I see nothing.
I can right click on them and open to see the context but not by clicking on
them in the "Start" area.

Right click an open area on your taskbar and select Properies.
On the Start Menu page select Customize.
On the Advanced page, make sure that "Open submenus when I pause
on them with my mouse" is checked.

--
Nepatsfan
"Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I go into Start, I can not expand any folders. Those that
> have the
> arrow on the right should show listings in these folders but I
> see nothing.
> I can right click on them and open to see the context but not
> by clicking on
> them in the "Start" area.

Lance

That box is checked. Still have the problem

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

> Right click an open area on your taskbar and select Properies.
> On the Start Menu page select Customize.
> On the Advanced page, make sure that "Open submenus when I pause
> on them with my mouse" is checked.
>
> --
> Nepatsfan
> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I go into Start, I can not expand any folders. Those that
> > have the
> > arrow on the right should show listings in these folders but I
> > see nothing.
> > I can right click on them and open to see the context but not
> > by clicking on
> > them in the "Start" area.

First off, if you've installed Tweakui, go to the Mouse setting
and move the slider in the Menu Speed box to the left. Click OK
and test it on the Start menu.

If that's not the case then you might want to try the following:
Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the Open box.
Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
In the right hand pane look for an entry named MenuShowDelay.
If the number in the Data column is extremely large (in the
thousands) then right click on the entry and select Modify.
Enter 400 in the Value line and click OK.
Close the registry editor and see what happens with the Start
menu items.

Post back if the value for MenuShowDelay is already set to a
number between 200 and 600.

--
> That box is checked. Still have the problem
>
> "Nepatsfan" wrote:
>
>> Right click an open area on your taskbar and select Properies.
>> On the Start Menu page select Customize.
>> On the Advanced page, make sure that "Open submenus when I
>> pause
>> on them with my mouse" is checked.
>>
>> --
>> Nepatsfan
>> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I go into Start, I can not expand any folders. Those
>> > that
>> > have the
>> > arrow on the right should show listings in these folders but
>> > see nothing.
>> > I can right click on them and open to see the context but
>> > not
>> > by clicking on
>> > them in the "Start" area.

Sorry, but I should have added that if you're using the registry
edit, you'll have to log off and log back on for the changes to
be applied. With tweakui the changes are immediate.

--
Nepatsfan