Experience The Scale Of 'DOTA 2' Heroes With 'DOTA 2 VR Hub'

Status
Not open for further replies.

metathias

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
In a couple years you wont be able to play anything without 10 , And DX12. I hope your preparing for that inevitability. Only other potential course would be if everyone suddenly started supporting Linux, and Vulkan. Which might happen, But not likely.

overgrower

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
Maybe his pc cant handle it ? Or he does not like win10 over win8...... And if he is still on 7 well I guess you cant teach a old dog new tricks.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016

Yeah, My Q9650 rig is showing it's age, going to build a new rig in a year or two.

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

I wish linux would be the way to go. I tried steam os, but it had some major problems with integrated gpu and discrete gpu. Couldn't use discrete without some additional package that caused some steam crashes with my laptop and had to be run on desktop mode.. Most of the os functionality was not there in compared to debian, which I have on my laptop. I would go to Linux if some of the software I work with would be there.

I don't care about dx 12 as much as I care about privacy especially if there are better options available. Although I feel like have nothing to hide I still don't like it when some corporation has some intimate personal profile on me I know nothing about or some conversations that can be used to gain leverage in court if something happens for example at work or if I run a business. I'm not naive enough to believe that the removal of some of the functions that violate privacy will actually prevent it from happening or that the information they have on me will solely be used for good things. It's false hope and seen it happening way too many times. I have google account, I would like to give it up too, but it's something I got when I was younger.

averagejoe_1984

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
I still use Windows 7, with my Skylake and Sandy Bridge. It works great still. I don't trust Microsoft anymore. With Windows 10, they crossed a line. I might have to upgrade to it one day, but I feel less secure with it than Windows 7. I don't worry about hackers. I worry about Microsoft being in bed with government and marketers. A hardware and a software firewall and antivirus do well enough against hackers. Those things won't stop Microsoft from abusing the many data connections back home to Microsoft. They'll look benign. It would feel more like an Orwellian Telescreen to me.

Games run fine, unless they require software that Microsoft refuses to provide for Windows 7. I HATE that means of forcing upgrades. How dishonest. It's too bad they won't ever have competition. That would require court orders of sharing their code to allow compatibility. People will stick with the OS that runs the software they like.

Crystalizer

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

What you say is not true. Most of the commercial game engines supports all the platforms. Valve has it own os, which is going to be in their steam boxes. Many of the gamer's are currently looking for other options. How about android going to desktop pc:s and mac getting support for games too. Linux getting better driver support.

Microsoft is desperate to get windows 10 a big success. Their mobile os was disaster. Win 8 got bad publicity and IOS is considered a quality product. I think it's highly likely that the opposite of what you are saying is the thing that is happening, Microsoft has had it's grip and they are loosing it. That's why the aggressive marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.