Experiencing Voltage Warnings after installing H80i and OC'ing to 4.2ghz

alexbd88

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013
I am now experiencing all sorts of power issues... After I installed Corsair link it started giving me warnings... "warning +3.3v 0.00v"... "warning +5v 1.27v". What is going on? I figured my 900w PSU could handle my components. Was I wrong? Will my PSU burn up? Will it damage any of my other components? If so, what PSU would be advisable?

Look below for my current setup.

Solution
Do you have a corsair power supply with corsair link(looks to be ANTEC)?

If not, ignore it. If you have 3.3 @ 0 and +5 at 1.27, your system would instantly crash.

Every thing USB runs from the 5 volt lines so you would know if they got that low.
Do you have a corsair power supply with corsair link(looks to be ANTEC)?

If not, ignore it. If you have 3.3 @ 0 and +5 at 1.27, your system would instantly crash.

Every thing USB runs from the 5 volt lines so you would know if they got that low.

Solution

alexbd88

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013

Nope, I don't have a Corsair power supply. It is an Antec and I am only using the Corsair Link software so I can monitor my H80i. I don't have the physical module. I was wondering why it wasn't crashing... so is it just the software getting incorrect readings? Also, my Corsair H80i is running off USB 2.0 on the motherboard. Is it possible the warnings are about the H80i not getting enough power?

alexbd88

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013

This isn't my first issue with Corsair Link. It almost never opens when I click on the executable. I am running Windows 8. Someone posted that Link isn't fully compatable with it yet.

alexbd88

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013

Double? Are you running SLI with 32Gb of RAM and multiple SSD/HDDs?

If you goto the local hardware stop, you can get a power monitor to see how much power you are using. I am almost certain you are under 400 watts under anything but the most extreme loads.

Not that you have done anything wrong having so much power(and quality power too) :)

alexbd88

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013

As far as I know, it is not possible to manually control the H80i without the physical Corsair Link module. I hope the thing auto adjusts when my CPU is under full load.

I would contact Corsair support to see if they have another version of the software for you to try then.

If you disconnect the USB, does it all go full speed? if it does, you may be able to connect the fans to your motherboard and let it deal with the speed. Just remember to still leave the pump connected to the power supply(if it does not run things get bad real fast.).