Experts Predict 67,000 Phones Will Be Lost During Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
They are waaaay overestimating this problem, I bet no more than 66,000 phones will be lost or stolen... 30,000 lost and 36,000 stolen.

There, now I feel like an expert!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
those more than 200TB data amount to an average of 3,2GB data per device - and many people still have cheap phones or inexpensive ones with only 128mb built in flash memory etc.

I don't know how many phones will be stolen, but I don't think that there'll be an average of over 3GB of sensitive data lost, as more than half of that data is probably mp3 files, and I would think that at least 20% of those people have a backup of their data somewhere else.

shahrooz

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
it's called statistics not guessing I like it that science can do things which you can't believe so you take another step and make fun of it like a .....

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]The Thieves from Bulgaria look pretty strong this year.....look for them to take the gold medal.[/citation]
How dare you ignore the European champions at this sport? Romanians will steal everything (including Bulgarian's stolen gold medal)!

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I'm sure they based their prediction off some sort of a calculation...[/citation]

or based off how many these "experts" plan to steal...

in other news these experts just posted 57,000 phones on sale at eBay! Get them while they're hot!!!

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
If any anyone readying this is going to the Olympics, don't forget to password protect your phone to prevent the Bulgarians/Romainians/Zombies from getting at your data.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Quite honestly, basing predictions solely off percentages of population, ignoring the actual population is lazy and baseless.

Do you think some poor hobo is going to fly overseas to watch the olympic games? No, middle-class and rich people will be attending. The same class of people who are more likely to have smartphones.

Security will be heightened... will that scare off thieves? Probably not. Will thieves from neighboring communities come down to get a piece of the action? Probably...

In other news... 83.7% of all statistics are made up...

cloudberry

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]chewy1963[/nom]They are waaaay overestimating this problem, I bet no more than 66,000 phones will be lost or stolen... 30,000 lost and 36,000 stolen. There, now I feel like an expert![/citation]

To be fair, I would consider stolen phones to also be lost phones. Kind of like how all zombies are corpses, but not all corpses are zombies -- yet.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Uhh This is what they spend their time on? Focus on STDs or some more important shit that can affect our healths not just losing cell phones for fudges sake!

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Oh, come on! Brits, French, Spaniards, Portuguese are the biggest thieves ever. These nations have stolen so much gold from the Americas, India, Africa etc... Romanians and nobody else will never achieve what any of these nations have achieved in the history of robbing, mugging, thievery, racketeering and generally destroying stuff and foreign culture.[/citation]
Are you on crack? We have tons of black people making a living off of stealing phone in America! The market is strong.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]The Thieves from Bulgaria look pretty strong this year.....look for them to take the gold medal.[/citation]
And the silver, and the bronze, then eventually strip out all the copper pipes

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Oh, come on! Brits, French, Spaniards, Portuguese are the biggest thieves ever. These nations have stolen so much gold from the Americas, India, Africa etc... Romanians and nobody else will never achieve what any of these nations have achieved in the history of robbing, mugging, thievery, racketeering and generally destroying stuff and foreign culture.[/citation]
Most of that stolen gold is at the bottom of the Atlantic and as far as destroying culture goes, how are those Indian Reservations?

bspatial

Honorable
May 16, 2012
[citation][nom]curiosul[/nom]How dare you ignore the European champions at this sport? Romanians will steal everything (including Bulgarian's stolen gold medal)![/citation]

This makes my day, very hilarious. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.