Explaining my problem a little better. Please try and help I don't know where to start.

djreedj

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
So I am making another post to explain my problem a little better. Please I don't know how to begin diagnosing this issue. Everytthing was working fine until I noticed that my ESC button brings up the Windows Screen in my 8.1 PC. You know, the windows screen that has all the apps. And now I restart and start up and for a few seconds the keyboard works. It lets me enter the password to get into my PC. Then it lets me use the buttons for a minute. I can enter bit defender password or enter words into browser. But then it goes to hell. For instance when click the Google Icon on my desktop, another one will light up as well as Google Chrome.

Also when I type letters into browser nothing happens. For instance, I will type d and the bookmarks come up. I type F and search bar comes up. I type W or E and it downsizes my google chrome. At this point I can't bring up screen that shows up when I swipe the side of the screen. I am at a loss for words. This happened previous to this occurrence. I slammed my hand on the keyboard during a game (i tried keyboard on macbook and works flawlessly.) I just don't know if this is a CPU going bad, motherboard going bad. I don't know where to begin. Please help me I am desperate I don't know where to begin diagnosing. Also, A little bit ago I had a message to Update and Shut down when I went to restart or shut down my PC. So maybe someone wrong with update? But i played the game fine for a few hours after that. Please help.

Solution

Sounds like the ctrl key on your keyboard is sticking.

Ctrl+click will select multiple items.
Ctrl+F in a browser brings up the search bar.
Ctrl+D bookmarks the page.
Ctrl+W closes the tab.
Not sure what ctrl+E is supposed to do, all it does on mine is make a ? mark in the URL bar
Ctrl+ - zooms out
Ctrl+ + zooms in
Ctrl+ T opens a new tab

Since you say the keyboard initially works fine and it works...

djreedj

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
Ok so I hit can't go into devices, the side of the screen won't come up when I swipe it..(the right side). Also, when I hit - or = keys it zooms in and out on my google page. And when I hit T it brings up tabs, when I click the Back button it brings up new tabs. When I type E into the browser a question mark comes up. I really don't know what is going on. It seems like the longer the pc is shut off, the longer I can type and everything is fine before it goes to hell again. Any ideas? Im at a loss for words.

djreedj

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016
should i try and reinstall windows or try and buy another keyboard..i mean the keyboard worked on the macbook I'm on now. Ive never seen this problem, this is a new keyboard its logitech and it was a cheap one until i save up for better. but still, its like Im holding ctrl and hitting - and the pages zooming in. when i hit shift this page comes up the the fight of google chrome and shows a bunch of code. sticky keys aren't on, but something similar I don't know about maybe when i slammed my hands into my keyboard?

Sounds like the ctrl key on your keyboard is sticking.

Ctrl+click will select multiple items.
Ctrl+F in a browser brings up the search bar.
Ctrl+D bookmarks the page.
Ctrl+W closes the tab.
Not sure what ctrl+E is supposed to do, all it does on mine is make a ? mark in the URL bar
Ctrl+ - zooms out
Ctrl+ + zooms in
Ctrl+ T opens a new tab

Since you say the keyboard initially works fine and it works fine on another computer (a Macbook), check your Ease of Access settings. These are where people with disabilities (like having no fingers so can only hit one key at a time) can modify Windows' keyboard behavior. It sounds like your sticky keys are turning on for some reason and have ctrl permanently on.

Solution

djreedj

Honorable
Jan 14, 2016

Im not sure why but when i switched mice it worked, then i plugged in the other mouse and had to press the dsi buttons a few times and it works now. Not sure what the issue was.