Question Export lan settings

Mp1984

Prominent
Aug 21, 2022
Hi, is this possible to export the settings from win 8 and move them to win 7? I'm not very confident setting up the lan for my internal wired network, but my old pc(with win 8) has all the settings on.

Incase you're wondering why I'm going to an older os, the win7 pc is a backup, the win8 is on its last legs.

Generally you have to do nothing. Most people have it on auto and it will get all the network setting from the router.

If you manually set them I would assume you know how to set them on the new machine to the same values. It is so trivial that there is no need for any fancy program

Reactions: Mp1984

Mp1984

Prominent
Aug 21, 2022
Generally you have to do nothing. Most people have it on auto and it will get all the network setting from the router.

If you manually set them I would assume you know how to set them on the new machine to the same values. It is so trivial that there is no need for any fancy program
Unfortunately since building the internal network 7 years ago I've suffered some mental health issues and a lot of my memories and confidence has gone. Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate what you're saying.

I would just try the other machine. It will likely work.

It is unlikely you set any thing like lP address unless you were running some kind of server. Some people use their PC to say stream media inside their house or maybe they are running something like a minecraft server. Generally these are fairly large projects so setting the IP is only a tiny part of it. Other things like say file or printer sharing you will have to manually allow if you used them.