Extend screen with VGA splitter cable

GoultySoul

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015
Hi!

I want to use extended screen for my work, so I bought a VGA splitter cable.
https://www.lindy.co.uk/images/vga-splitter-cable-2-way-p1541-2339_zoom.jpg
When I plug it in with the monitors I can't use the extended option. It's just duplicate the screen. The pc has a Intel HD Graphics 4400 integrated graphics. I tried to tinker with the cards controll panel, and i find the extend monitor option but it shows only one display.

I googled the 4400 and everyone who use this card can use extended displays.
Can someone help me with this?

Thank You!

Solution
the HD4400 is capable of outputting to 2 monitors (extend displays) IF the motherboard has more than one monitor port.
a splitter can only DUPLICATE what comes in one end. the GPU will need exclusive access to the port to send different information to the screen and a splitter cannot do that. what comes in one side must come out the other.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the HD4400 is capable of outputting to 2 monitors (extend displays) IF the motherboard has more than one monitor port.
a splitter can only DUPLICATE what comes in one end. the GPU will need exclusive access to the port to send different information to the screen and a splitter cannot do that. what comes in one side must come out the other.

Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

no splitter I know of will do.
the motherboard only has the single display output? what model motherboard is it?

GoultySoul

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2015

Yes. The MoBo has only one display output. If there is no splitter that'll work, then I'll buy some cheap PCIe GPU for it.
Thank you for your help!