Extending Basic Disk NTFS Volume on W2K Server..

I have a Windows 2000 Server that I have already configured (on the HW RAID Cntlr) as a 3-disk, single volume.

According to the Disk Manager, instead of a single volume of 101GB, I have a 67GB volume and unallocated 34GB. I know in W2K3 and WXP, I can use the command line "DISKPART". I tried that command line on W2K and it doe snot recognize the command.

What is the procedure to add the unallocated storage to the existing (recognized) volume?

James

With three 36GB hard disks in RAID5 you shouldn't have more than 67-68GB
available, using the other 34 GB for parity.

If you have configured a RAID0, you should have about 102 GB available
during installation. Is the remaining unallocated 34 GB space adjacent to
your 67GB volume, on the same Disk 0?

If this is the case, you could download diskpart.exe and run it from safe
mod with command prompt to extend it. See this MS Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325590

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)