Extending Xbox one Kinect through cat6

Brooksy79

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
Hi all I would like people's thoughts on my theory to extend The Xbox one kinect through cat6..

Iv always been inspired by seeing videos on YouTube where people have moved and hidden there entertainment set up now my guess is next summer the wife will want to decorate again and this will give time to do my home work if my theory is possible in which this is why I'm asking here.

Now I know hdmi can be extended via cat6 or cat5e, same thing goes with Tolink to cat6. My TiVo and router can be moved by my isp (virgin media) which is no real problem.
The problem and question is would it be possible to use a Xbox one kinect to usb3 adapter (this can be purchased for Xbox one S owners)
539fc2b4-1e28-40d8-b362-78ff06ab8232.png

Then to usb3 female to female adapter

sku_116341_2.jpg

Then usb3 male to cat6

http://

Run about 10-15 meters of cat6 cable in to the cub board which is where i would like my setup moved to and then back from Ethernet to usb3 and into my Xbox one without losing and signing along the way.

Solution
From my memories with original Kinect (on Xbox 360), it is very power-hungry device, and its cables were quite thick. USB-over-CAT6 devices allow for extending the data part of the connection, but I doubt such a connection will be able to provide enough power to the Kinect itself, so you would need close-to-Kinect power supply anyway.

And before starting to remodel and move equipment around your house - check with manufacturers of these USB-Cat6 converters whether they support Xbox and Kinect.
From my memories with original Kinect (on Xbox 360), it is very power-hungry device, and its cables were quite thick. USB-over-CAT6 devices allow for extending the data part of the connection, but I doubt such a connection will be able to provide enough power to the Kinect itself, so you would need close-to-Kinect power supply anyway.

And before starting to remodel and move equipment around your house - check with manufacturers of these USB-Cat6 converters whether they support Xbox and Kinect.

Solution

Brooksy79

Reputable
Jun 2, 2017
Yeah good point.
The more I think about it the more it seems the easiest option is don't use the kinect anymore.. after all I only use the kinect for.......skype