External Battery Roundup: Stay Away From The Wall Socket

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have the Brunton solaris 26 and the Brunton impel. I would like the ability to charge the impel wherever I go..car, airplane, backcountry. Here are my questions.

1) Can you directly charge the impel from a Solaris 26; is there enough output, do you need to worry about overcharging this lithium phosphate battery?

2) Where can you buy a car's power supply adapter for charging the impel? Its mentioned in several sale places that its "sold separately" . I can't find it. Is it a straight shot into the battery, or are their resistors to change the 12V output into the 18V that the AC adapter puts out?

3) If I can get it to work with 12V 75W output, presumably, I can connect it to an empower airplane receptacle?

4) What is the DC connector call that connects devices to the impel for charging? I have powerbook. As best as I can tell, I will have to fabricate my own cord for charging through a spare magsafe connector at 18V.

It charges my ipod through the usb 5v connector very well. I want to see if it handles all of my phones and cameras as well, and even my CPAP machines.

pettus@chem.ucsb.edu

ana7710toe

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Extend that Battery Life on Your Smartphone

‎!!! RECHARGEABLE Amity Battery Extender 5600 mAh !!!

It will quickly charge your iPhone up to 3x.
It may also charge your Nexus 7, iPad, and Digital Camera

- 3 Colors to Match Your Personality

- Portable: 3.66" x 1.69" x .87"

- Certifiably Safe: FCC, RoHS, CE
- The Bonus AC Adapter Can Be Used to Optionally Charge Other USB Devices
- Also Serves as a LED Flashlight

** Click on the link just to check it out …

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dmobile&field-keywords=amity+battery+extender

Status
Not open for further replies.