External connection will not read Seagate hard drives. Hooked up 9 drives (1 at a time) read 6, no problem, except 3 Seagate

Jun 18, 2018
I have 9 hard drives from old computers that I wanted to take files off of. Bought a portable hook up kit, which worked great on 6 hard drives; 2-Western Digital, 2-Hitachi Desk Star, 1-Samsung and 1-Maxtor. Worked great on the 6, but could not get the 3 to work. Then I noticed that all 3 are SeaGate. What is different about the Seagates. They power up just fine, but will not show up on computer. I know I must be missing something. I have already turned off the Power Management settings on all of the USB Root Hubs. Please help, if you can. Thanks!!!

Not sure if your adapter is like mine. You must plug power into the hard drive before you connect the USB adapter to the computer.

My connection order is as follows.
1. Connect USB Adapter to hard drive
2. Connect Power to hard drive
3. Connect USB adapter to computer.

Jun 18, 2018
Not really. I have tried every way possible. Nothing works for the SeaGate drives! All of the other drives it didn't matter what order you di it, they all worked. There is something weird about these Seagate drives and I need to find the person who knows what it is. Thanks for your reply anyway!