[SOLVED] External drive disconnects after a while

Jan 2, 2021
Some useful information:
Drive enclosure: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07N48N5GR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1 TB
Laptop: Dell XPS 13 7390

Hello

I study Applied Information Technology and I use external storage to store my VMs. Here is my problem: When I am working on my VM in Hyper V, my VM crashes after some time due to the drive disconnecting. Has anyone experienced something similar and have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
William Coenen

RealBeast

Titan
Windows 10?
Have you gone into the control panel power options, (open advanced settings by clicking on "change plan setting") and then under USB disable the selective suspend?

I assume that you stay plugged into AC for this sort of work so I would run an aggressive power use when plugged in and disable sleep/hibernate, just use a blank screen saver after some length of time.

Jan 2, 2021
Windows 10?
Have you gone into the control panel power options, (open advanced settings by clicking on "change plan setting") and then under USB disable the selective suspend?

I assume that you stay plugged into AC for this sort of work so I would run an aggressive power use when plugged in and disable sleep/hibernate, just use a blank screen saver after some length of time.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried all those things but I can't seem to change the necessary things. I will add some screenshots. View: https://imgur.com/a/yfhhdRm

Jan 2, 2021
Windows 10?

Thank you! You were of great help.

Reactions: RealBeast