[SOLVED] External Fan Controller mounting

Nov 10, 2018
Hello, I have a massive problem.

For the last 4 hours i've been trying to find a solution to my problem. I want to buy the NZXT Sentry 3 for my PC and my pc has no drive bays as my case is the Noctis 450 ROG. I've been looking up things like '5.25" enclosure' and i can't find anything.

I can see enclosures are very expensive and I'm not paying that much just for an enclosure as I could literally buy a pc case for £40 and use only the drive bays, plus the enclosure is designed to take Hard Drives so the back has SATA ports and no room for the wires to come out and meet my PC. I don't want to buy NZXT's external fan controller as it takes up a X1 PCI-E port and I have no room.

All I need is a way to mount my fan controller with a casing so it doesn't look bad.

Whoever can find me a solution would be an absolute hero

Solution
While i too have Sentry 3 in use with my Haswell build (full specs with pics in my sig), but my Corsair 750D Airflow Edition case has 3x 5.25" external bays. Since your NZXT 450 ROG has 0x 5.25" external bays, there is no way you can mount Sentry 3 without it either looking bad or you being able to easily access it. Only place i'd put it is outside of the case, between front 2x case legs (under the case), IF it does fit there. Also, how you're going to do the wiring is up to you.

That's what i call a life tax. Now, either replace your case that does have 5.25" external bay where to put Sentry 3 or buy GRID+ V3 which is internal fan controller and doesn't need 5.25" external bay,
specs: https://www.nzxt.com/products/grid-plus-v3

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
While i too have Sentry 3 in use with my Haswell build (full specs with pics in my sig), but my Corsair 750D Airflow Edition case has 3x 5.25" external bays. Since your NZXT 450 ROG has 0x 5.25" external bays, there is no way you can mount Sentry 3 without it either looking bad or you being able to easily access it. Only place i'd put it is outside of the case, between front 2x case legs (under the case), IF it does fit there. Also, how you're going to do the wiring is up to you.

That's what i call a life tax. Now, either replace your case that does have 5.25" external bay where to put Sentry 3 or buy GRID+ V3 which is internal fan controller and doesn't need 5.25" external bay,
specs: https://www.nzxt.com/products/grid-plus-v3

Solution