Question External GPU for an all-in-one PC ?

Jun 9, 2024
hi guys, can I add an external PCIe to install an external GPU on my all-in-one PC, will it work?
My ideal GPU is a GT 730 DDR3, and my montherboard is an Intel HM65.

i see there is one PCIe connector slot and my wifi is connected to it, will my pc work with internet if i just connect to ethernet and add my PCIe external GPU in?

My powerbrick is 240v, do i need to buy a VGA or HDMI connector for GPU to monitor?

For the amount you'd have to spend on an external GPU, at least if you don't want it to look like an Ali Express special, you'd be better off buying a new computer that would outperform your current one by a large margin.

Reactions: boju
Jun 9, 2024
So what new system is budget friendly? I just want to play games smoothly even on low graphics.
Can i use my all-in-one PC just as a monitor if i buy a new system?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Gt730 is useless for any game current sorry to say. Regarding if you can use your current all in one display as an external monitor for another system will depend if it has video inputs.

Perhaps it's not the right time for what you want to do. Maybe do part time work or something to come up with the funds.

Jun 9, 2024
$500 is the barrier to entry for a computer that will play games at 1080p
that is expensive i am only student
Gt730 is useless for any game current sorry to say. Regarding if you can use your current all in one display as an external monitor for another system will depend if it has video inputs.

Perhaps it's not the right time for what you want to do. Maybe do part time work or something to come up with the funds.
i found a system unit with i5 3470 with rx580 8 gb ram for only 100usd i am from philippines what do you think about it?

Jun 9, 2024
hi guys can i add external gpu on my intel hm65? just want a little bit speed my ideal is gt730 just to play 2013 games i see my motherboard have one pcie slot

hi guys can i add external gpu on my intel hm65? just want a little bit speed my ideal is gt730 just to play 2013 games i see my motherboard have one pcie slot

Full name of motherboard.

External GPUs don't work unless you have like a thunderbolt connection.

There may be a way to mod your aio depending on what the case is like ( done it before )

What id need to know

Make and model of motherboard it's usually printed on PCB

Hw monitor should be able to tell you too
https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.53.exe

Picture of the lay out inside the case with motherboard and a external view.