External Hard Disk not initialized, Data Recovery needed

full0fjoy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I have a WD My Passport 1 TB External Hard Disk. Recently I found under disk management that Disk not Initialized, 931.48GB Unallocated
4evPAze.png

Testdisk Screenshot:-
wEnTEcm.png

And a HD Tune quick scan revealed this:-
IdpQBmd.png

The disk is under warranty so My aim is to recover the data (Don't have backup). How can I do that? Also if I initialize the disk with quick format, can I able recover the data afterwards?

FYI: This problem happened a few days earlier with the same disk and at that time I was able to rebuild the partition with GetDataBack for NTFS software. At that time I scanned the disk with HD Tune and some other softwares but no error found except a few damaged memory blocks. Now when I use GetDataBack for NTFS software, it reports lots of error and cannot get a list of the filelist like it did earlier.

trekzone

Honorable
Mar 31, 2014
Hi,

I would suggest you to download and use the WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool, it might be able to help you diagnose and suggest the proper actions needed for your drive.

You can also find some WD data recovery partners provided in their support site who will be able to assist you for your data recovery process which will not void your warranty if you can provide a written verification that a data recovery is performed on your hard drive.

full0fjoy

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Hard disk failed both WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool tests.
There are no WD data recovery partners in India as per Website and their phone support.
Is there any way to recover data via recovery softwares? Sometimes I've seen that after quick formatting, hard drives don't misbehave that much...can it be possible to recover some of the deleted data?