External Harddisk fan not running

anil.4656

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Hi, I have a problem with my Samsung harddisk that the fan is not running only light is blinking.. It's not at all connecting to anydevice .how to resolve it, while connecting there's no sound also

Solution
The enclosure may be faulty, let's hope the same isn't true of the actual hard drive inside it.

If the data on it is already backed up to another storage (and it should be) I would simply dispose of this unit properly then buy a new one.

If the data on it isn't backed up elsewhere, I would try removing the actual drive and putting it into a third-party hard drive enclosure (Amazon sells many to choose from).
The enclosure may be faulty, let's hope the same isn't true of the actual hard drive inside it.

If the data on it is already backed up to another storage (and it should be) I would simply dispose of this unit properly then buy a new one.

If the data on it isn't backed up elsewhere, I would try removing the actual drive and putting it into a third-party hard drive enclosure (Amazon sells many to choose from).

Solution