External HDD Combines Storage, Speaker, USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
i guess you can make any random shapes, and call it art? but functional? or practical is a different story...

jeez you can even use software to generate garbage like this... dont need a person to come up with something this retarded

G

My favorite part is the wonton use of magnets (Magnetic idea bubble turdy thing and speaker) up close and personal to the hard drive. If this flies I smell a pile of lost data and RMA'd monamis!

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Ok, so I read the article and study the picture and I still have no clue about what the hell it is...Maybe I'm just over-analyzing it.

ShadowFlash

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
well hard drives are safe from magnets now-a-days anyhow....I did the "feds at the door" experiment a number of times with an industrial electro-magnet that can pick up 12'x6'x2" sheets of steel all day without breaking a sweat. Flip it on, slap a HDD to it, let it sit for 5 minutes, plug it back in, and voila, nothing wrong with it at all....I've also done the opposite route, and slapped a HDD on a De-Mager with the same results...no lost data.....magnets and HDD's today are a myth.....unless you precision drill a hole and mount a vial of acid on a pull string, your data is relatively safe from anything other than mechanical failure...but I'm not paranoid or anything...lol...

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Well, one good idea coming out of this... Why don't they make a computer mouse with USB stick properties? Imagine a Razor mouse with 32GB memory in it!

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
ODD but interesting form factor... innovative...

not something i would find useful BUT it provokes the imagination for other hardware (computer peripherals) developers to see what can be bundled and what interesting combinations can be put together... The new Asus keyboard is an example of this even though it too is something not many would find overly useful

Status
Not open for further replies.