External HDD detected but not working

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

Today I hooked up my external HD with my PC, to access a folder, that particular folder showed a "The File Or Directory Is Corrupted Or Unreadable" so I ran a chkdsk /r --

The scan was running fine until I had power failure (common in my country).

When I restarted my computer, the external HD did get detected but it would not open, I could only see that windows loading "circle" icon and thats it... windows kinda froze, and whenever I disconnected my External drive, windows worked just fine.

The issue here is the hard disk and the concern is that it has nearly 1tb of very important data.

I tried going to disk management but its of no use since everytime I try to access a program thats associated with the Drive, , my windows explorer froze, up until I disconnect the External drive.

Can anyone tell me if there is a solution to this? or I should just forget about that data and move on.

Thanks,
Babar

JaredDM

Honorable
A data recovery company can very likely get back the data, but you're probably not going to accomplish much by yourself. If you let me know where you're located in the world, I can probably recommend a good company in your region. I run a data recovery forum so I know a lot of people in this business.

Jan 30, 2019

Thanks for the reply Jared, this indeed does give me hope and relief that my data can be recovered.

I live in Pakistan (Karachi city). Hope you are able to recommend someone.