[SOLVED] external HDD freezes my whole pc

Oct 8, 2021
So basically if i plug it in. like not in the usb port, directly the m-board and boot up it shows SMART failure. now i tried to change the SATA slot 2 to hot plug, now i unplug the faulty hdd. and plugs it as soon it booted. now it shows the hard drive E:/ so i thought "maybe formatting it will fix it." now i did it. then restarted with unplugged hdd then plugged it back. Now my pc freezes not my whole pc. it only freezes the softwares or the utilities that access it.

Idk if my english is bad. but please let me know what specific problem is this. also i cant seem access it with cmd. even admin is on. the hard drive was on broken laptop. it was windows 7 laptop. and it was broken in 2015 i didnt seem someone used it. also the hdd slot in laptop didnt smell burnt. which is good news that its not faulty.

Solution
If a hard disk freezes your PC - it's usually a goner.

Not worth repairing.

If you have important data on it - then it sounds like you need a professional data recovery service.

mundial

Reputable
Dec 31, 2017
If a hard disk freezes your PC - it's usually a goner.

Not worth repairing.

If you have important data on it - then it sounds like you need a professional data recovery service.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS