khanorak

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Hi

I have a Dell G3 3590
CPU: Intel i5 9300H
GPU: Intel UHD 630 / nVidia GeForce GTX 1660Ti with Max-Q Design
RAM: 16GB DDR4

I have an external monitor Asus VG279QL1A with 165Hz Refresh Rate support.

Whenever I connect the monitor to my laptop via HDMI cable, it uses integrated graphics in "Duplicate" screen mode and uses Dedicated nVidia graphics in Monitor only mode.

Now the problem is that not all the time am I playing games. So most of the time I don't need dedicated graphics.

Is there any way where I can use the switchable option (where Dedicated graphics only come into play when using graphics intensive apps e.g. games) while the external monitor is connected to HDMI port and Monitor Display only mode is in use?

TIA

Lutfij

Titan
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your laptop at the time of writing? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you on? While here, can you check and see what your Nvidia control panel driver version is?

khanorak

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your laptop at the time of writing? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you on? While here, can you check and see what your Nvidia control panel driver version is?

Hi

I am on Windows 10 pro x64
Firmware/BIOS version is 1.13.0

nVidia Control Panel driver version is 471.41 (Updated through Dell Support Assistant)

Last edited: