[SOLVED] External Monitoring Hardware

Eric92

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2014
I've seen lots of how to's on making your own little LCD in your PC show your temps and usage and I'm not entirely opposed to doing that BUT I was wondering if there are any external ones for sale anywhere?
Put together all, all set up, and could sit on your desk. I'd prefer to pay for that instead of waffle around making my own.
Thanks.

Solution
I don't really like the idea of having it running on a monitor. I really like the idea quick refernce 5 inch LCD either near the case or on my desk instead of using up monitor space. It seems I'll have to make my own though.
There are very small monitors, some even with USB connection https://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-monitor-interface-dedicated-high-definition/dp/B0041I8UAO
In any case you do need a universal monitor because only very few MBs had direct sensor output, all other ones have to be driven by SW to interface with BIOS.
I've seen lots of how to's on making your own little LCD in your PC show your temps and usage and I'm not entirely opposed to doing that BUT I was wondering if there are any external ones for sale anywhere?
Put together all, all set up, and could sit on your desk. I'd prefer to pay for that instead of waffle around making my own.
Thanks.
Why complicate. All you need another monitor of any size, load test SW you want and pin it to that monitor.

Eric92

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2014
Why complicate. All you need another monitor of any size, load test SW you want and pin it to that monitor.

I don't really like the idea of having it running on a monitor. I really like the idea quick refernce 5 inch LCD either near the case or on my desk instead of using up monitor space. It seems I'll have to make my own though.

There are very small monitors, some even with USB connection https://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-monitor-interface-dedicated-high-definition/dp/B0041I8UAO
In any case you do need a universal monitor because only very few MBs had direct sensor output, all other ones have to be driven by SW to interface with BIOS.

Solution