Sep 6, 2019
Noob to server stuff.. I am looking to get a Raid Controller for a Dell Poweredge SC1425 so i can connect a Dell PowerVault MD1000.

Solution
The documentation for the MD1000 says you need a PERC 5/E or PERC 6/E. Looks like less than $100 used on Amazon. Probably similar on E-Bay.
Looks like you need a PCIe x8 slot.
The big question will be what OS you want to use vs what drivers you can find for a PERC 6/E card.

kanewolf

Titan
The documentation for the MD1000 says you need a PERC 5/E or PERC 6/E. Looks like less than $100 used on Amazon. Probably similar on E-Bay.
The big question will be what OS you want to use vs what drivers you can find for a PERC 6/E card.

Solution
Sep 6, 2019

Thank you very much..
My next question would be if there is such a riser that will allow me to go from PCIe x8 to PCI-X?
I've been looking around and no luck, unless i am looking for it incorrectly.

kanewolf

Titan
Thank you very much..
My next question would be if there is such a riser that will allow me to go from PCIe x8 to PCI-X?
I've been looking around and no luck, unless i am looking for it incorrectly.
You might be able to find a SAS PCI-X controller, but I am not going to search. You sre trying to combine dumpster equipment, no guarantees it will ever work as desired.