[SOLVED] Extra click to shutdown/restart

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
Hey all,

After the latest updates a couple of weeks ago, when I click on the start button, then power, sometimes it simply widens the menu bar instead of bringing up the shutdown/restart option... And I have to click it one more time to bring up the shutdown/restart options. Has anyone else noticed this?... It's super annoying... Maybe I shouldn't have installed that optional update?....

Lutfij

Titan
I noticed this on a system repair I did for a friend. I just made sure that the BIOS was up to date and after the recent issue with the OS and optional updates, I tend to steer clear of them. I also, tend to reinstall the OS for pretty much all the system's I have to work on(when they come in) since that is the easiest thing to do(once the data is backed up). See if reinstalling your chipset/USB drivers changes anything.

jarodatkinson

Reputable
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks guys... I don't know which exact update caused the drama, so update uninstall is probably out. Everything else is up to date, so it sounds like the easiest option might be to do a fresh install in the morning, and see if that fixes the drama... I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks again for the help!