Extra Crysis 2 Screenshots: NYC at Night

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

never could get crysis to crossfire on my 5850's. poorly coded and had lock ups.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I can just now really play Crysis with my 5870 but; it's still boring. Here'
s to hoping this one will be better. Guess I will find out when it hits $30 or less on Steam.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]CptTripps[/nom]I can just now really play Crysis with my 5870 but; it's still boring. Here's to hoping this one will be better. Guess I will find out when it hits $30 or less on Steam.[/citation]

+1 to that. Long live STEAM! Sux to be a console fan boy, having to pay more $$$ for worse graphics!

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
[citation][nom]cobot[/nom]Hmm.... I gotta say that the little enjoyment I got from playing crysis came from the fact that the setting was the in Jungle...Dunno how this will be.. Guess we will find out soon enough...[/citation]
+100...000

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]marraco[/nom]Looks like another flavor of FEAR 2.Without the nature environment, how will be possible to stalk enemies hiding in the forest?[/citation]

Well, you can always do your stalking at Central Park... ;)

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jenesuispasbavard[/nom]Holy wow. The character/robot models are CG-quality. I wonder if my lapop will spontaneously combust if I try running this game.[/citation]
...that just adds to the overall experience!

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I just wanna say that these pictures look amazing. I wasn't looking forward to Crysis 2 until these pictures and the New York trailer came out. This and RAGE are going to make my year!

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]Sabiancym[/nom]Crysis is a terrible game. Boring beyond belief. I expect nothing more from this one.No way Crysis was a boring game, perhaps your PC couldnt handle the best and most action packed sequences at the time. Or possible[/citation]

No way Crysis was a boring game, perhaps your PC couldnt handle the best and most action packed sequences at the time. Or possibly you prefer the likes of Unreal which is faster and totally unreal.... Crysis gives us a grandeur perspective on things that could actually happen. I could actually imagine aliens flying out of a mountain and it was bloody scary at the time especially when you first see the aliens. I mean compared to the effects and realisim that unreal or doom had, crysis gave the feeling that you really hadto defend earth. Not an easy emotion to give. i guess this is also why COD MW was successful because you also enjoyed the story and graphics. The gameplay im Crysis could have been a bit better and enemies a little more interesting, but damn this is an EPIC. Much more than Far Cry and FC2 ever were. At the time I had an c2duo, 4 gig ram, 8800gt so I could at least muster enough at high settings and this was 3 years ago....

What system did you have when you first played this game?

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
can wait to shoot and blow some cement off the buildings... i hope there are secret tunnels behind leading to the secret subways in NY... thatwould be really cool as well. Im sure the statue of liberty would be crazy as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.