Extracting data from part of an NTFS spanned volume

Feb 4, 2019
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new around here. Feel free to move if it is.

I had a 3TB spanned volume on my Windows machine, consisting of a 2TB hard drive and 2 500GB ones, all 7200rpm. Earlier today, the 2TB drive failed, meaning that the volume can't be accessed. I believe that the 2TB one was drive #2 in the span, and there was less than 100gb on the drive, which I'm hoping means that the data's recoverable. Is there anything I can do, short of either getting the drive repaired or starting over? The data's not critical but I would much prefer to keep it than start again.

popatim

Titan
First thing I do in a failed Windows span or array is to do a full shutdown of the PC. For Win8 & 10 hold down the shift key while you click Shutdown. Those really only go into a hybrid-sleep state.

When you start back up, check Disk Management* and see if the drive is listed with partition(s) or not.

*rt click the start button

Feb 4, 2019

This is what I see in disk management.
Untitled-1.png

You can see that the connected disk is "not initialised" and "unknown" and isn't identified as the 3rd disk in the span.
(the Kingston SSD is a completely separate drive and the 2 500gb hard drives are the others in the span)

Edit: I'm not sure that you can see the screenshot, I'll redo it later