Extremely lagging wireless keyboard and mouse

lolipedofin

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I just built a new PC rig (Windows 8.1 KMS activated, MOBO: Asrock B85M HDS Intel LGA 1150), and I think I may have some problem with the usb connections.

I am using a wireless keyboard+mouse Logitech mk520r, and it is experiencing a severe lags/latency (i don't know the correct term) problem. I doubt the problem is with the keyboard itself because I tried bringing it to my office and it worked perfectly with my workstation's PC (Windows 7 original, less than average build).

I thought the problem was because I was using a usb plug and play for wifi connection which is connected next to the wireless receiver, or maybe the close proximity of my mobile phone. But this is unlikely and like I said, I used it in my office, there are tons of active mobile phone there.

Lastly, I tried using a perfectly good logitech mk270, and it is still experiencing the same latency issue, although not as bad as the mk520.

NOTE: All the drivers are properly installed when I checked the device manager, however, I have yet to install any driver from the disc that came with the motherboard since I lost it. I installed the missing driver (PCi simple communications controller driver and sm bus controller driver) from downloading it through intel website.

Can anyone give me any insight to what might be the problem? Any help is appreciated, thank you very much!

Solution
While the USB dongle for the Logitech keyboard and mouse works on the same 2.4 GHz frequency as WiFi, they play together without an issue in my experience, and doubt that is your problem.

I would first put new batteries in the keyboard and mouse, and see if that helps the issue. Then look for the latest USB drivers for the motherboard. Also look for a new driver for the mouse/keyboard.

If this all continues despite this, I would just go to a wired mouse and keyboard at that point.
While the USB dongle for the Logitech keyboard and mouse works on the same 2.4 GHz frequency as WiFi, they play together without an issue in my experience, and doubt that is your problem.

I would first put new batteries in the keyboard and mouse, and see if that helps the issue. Then look for the latest USB drivers for the motherboard. Also look for a new driver for the mouse/keyboard.

If this all continues despite this, I would just go to a wired mouse and keyboard at that point.

Solution