[SOLVED] Extremely Low CPU Benchmark Score on new build [HELP]

Jan 30, 2019
I have a newly set up PC, and ran some benchmark on it after noticing the performance of it was not as smooth as I thought it would be. For a PC with such spec, I was expecting more. The result turn out to be somewhat surprising. The CPU score especially low. I guess this is the root cause of the poor performance.

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 23%, Work 23%
CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - 19.9%
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 - 108.7%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 193.6%
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102 2TB - 77.9%
HDD: Toshiba MG04ACA400E 4TB - 97.7%
RAM: Team Group Inc. TEAMGROUP-UD4-2400 2x8GB - 37.5%
MBD: Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/userrun/14252627

Additional information:
PUS - MASTERWATT 650 TUF GAMING EDITION
Case - Cooler Master MB500p
OS - Windows 10

Appreciate any help or suggestions on what I can do to improve the general performance of my PC and correct the issue with my CPU? Thanks!

Solution
What were you running in the background at the time? The page clearly mentions high background processes taking up 60% usage of the CPU, so that's a starting point on Userbenchmark.

Userbenchmark is a peer-to-peer comparison site, and if there are a lot of overclockers it will skew the results away from stock performance.
What were you running in the background at the time? The page clearly mentions high background processes taking up 60% usage of the CPU, so that's a starting point on Userbenchmark.

Userbenchmark is a peer-to-peer comparison site, and if there are a lot of overclockers it will skew the results away from stock performance.

Solution
Mar 24, 2019
I had this problem in the past, I found the solution. My mobo has 4 RAM slots : 3,1, 4, 2 or black, white, black, white. I moved the RAM so they were next to each other (white, black) that's when I started to see lower passmark for the CPU and memory. Then I moved the RAM back to white, white. Now everything is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: honorable kn8