Question Extremely low FPS and input lag when playing games on external monitor ?

Gyoung123

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,

So I've recently been trying to play some games on my Lenovo Legion 5 (with a Ryzen 5800H and a 3070) but I can't seem to play any games on my 2nd monitor without massive FPS drops and huge input lag. The monitor is an LG-27GL83A which I know is 1440p but the drop is still way more than I'd expect. For reference, I was playing deep rock galactic (not the most intense game) and only getting around 30 fps. On my Laptop monitor I could blow 150+ easily. But, besides the FPS Drop controls also lag a lot on the 2nd monitor and seems there is some generous input lag.

So far I've trief turning Freesync and Vsync off in game and removing the FPS cap and Updating the drivers. I'd also prefer not to have to make the 2nd monitor the only display, unless its my only option.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. Use DDU to uninstall all of your GPU drivers then manually reinstall the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.