Extremely Poor CPU Performance

Jul 1, 2018
I have a relatively new PC that I purchased from Costco but it is performing very poorly and I do not know why.
Model HP 580-137C
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.00GHz
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB Samsung M378A1K43CB2-CRC)
Graphics: AMD RX550

I ran a benchmark and got poor results. After some research, I decided to update BIOS since the slot for the processor is somewhat new. Afterwards, the computer imediately did better. Running another benchmark, I recieved great results. Now today, it is back to running very poorly. It ranks in the 0th percentile and benches at 13.3% with 0.55 GHz (avg). My RAM is also running slow but I think that is because there is something up with the processor?

Here is a link to my benchmark:
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9497692

Jul 1, 2018

Okay, I don't know if this helps but when I put my computer to sleep and wake it up, I get extremely low benchmark setting for my processor but when I shut it down then turn it back on, my benchmarks are great. Is there something possibly happening when I put my PC to sleep?

Putting PC to sleep downclocks the CPU to conserve energy. So it is possible that your power settings are not set properly to always have the best performance/power for the CPU, have you checked any of the settings in BIOS like disabling C6 mode? Or trying to custom set the clock in the Bios to your boost clock to try and force the higher clock?

Jul 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I did a clean install of windows, deleting everything. Before doing this, I checked update drivers for all hardware and updates for software. Updating BIOS was one of the first things I did but I did not get any results. After a clean install, I still have the same problem but I sort of have new information.

Temperature:
at Idle = 33c
at stress (Playing a video game for an hour) = 48C

Problem:
If I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up, the processor doesn't want to work very well
If I shut down the computer and then turn it back on, I get the same problem
However when I do a restart, everything works the way it should.
I figured doing a reinstall of windows would fix the problem. It is my uneducated opinion that some or one driver is not turning back on? But even with the reinstall, I get the same results.
Any thoughts on the cause or another area to look?
My power setting are set to performance with the minimum at 100% for the processor. I get the same results regardless of what this is set at. I tried it in 20% increments.
Thank you
-Chase