Question Extremely Weird Behaviour [Urgent]

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
I'm seemingly randomly getting very, very weird behavior from my PC.

Firstly, since a couple weeks ago my display has randomly gone black without doing anything in particular, such as sitting in a Discord call or just AFK. This can't be the monitor going to sleep as moving my mouse would cause it to wake up, which it doesn't. It remains black with the power LED being white.

Secondly, while playing Among Us my display also goes black, even though I hear Discord and in-game Audio.

Thirdly, Valorant has been crashing a lot lately, giving me an error saying "Graphics driver has crashed". All my drivers are up to date, so I'm not sure what's causing that. It happens most when I've got the game running in the background and doing something else.

I haven't done or changed anything recently other than update Windows and my GPU drivers, so the problem seems to have started randomly. This is also my work PC, and so far it hasn't done anything during work, but I'd rather get this issue fixed before it does. I've built the PC myself, but I can't think of anything for which this is happening.

EDIT: another weird thing that I forgot to mention, when I get a black screen and shut the PC down. After turning it on I see the motherboard logo and all, but then I don't get to the Windows login screen, even though all my peripherals are lit up

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3800X
GPU: Zotac 2080 Super AMP EXTREME (Vertically Mounted)
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi
RAM: Trident Z Royal 8GBx4 3600MHz
PSU: Corsair RM750X
Monitor: Gigabyte AD27QD

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the PSU? Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

On your next successful boot do two things:

1) Back up all important data and verify that the backups are recoverable and readable.

2) Look in the Reliability History and Event Viewer logs for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the crashes.

Do you see one repeating error or multiple errors of multiple sorts?

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
I checked, and there were multiple Hardware Errors. There was one Windows update failed error. Other than those there are a lot of programs that stopped working, such as RGB Fusion, Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter, etc. So something is wrong with one of my components?