Question EZ Debug Boot LED is lit on MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus ?

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Hi there I just got all my parts today to complete my build, I updated the bios to the beta version using the bios flashback, and without any component connected to the motherboard just PSU. After that, I hook up CPU, CPU cooler, ram, and gpu but the pc won't POST and the Boot light on the ez debug led is turned on, I read the manual said was an error about the hdd sdd, I tested 2 drives didn't work, I downgrade from the beta version to the latest stable version and still same error ?

My pc specs are:

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
ryzen 5600x
Corsair vengeance 16gb @3600mhz
RX 580 4gb
antec earthwatts 650 gold

I did all the testing out of the case, the cpu ram and motherboard are brand new, the PSU is giving all the voltages it should and the GPU is working on another PC. I also changed the HDMI and display port cable but nothing happens. I don't know if it the CPU, mobo or the RAM ?

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
I failed to update to bios version 13, now it's the CPU led thats turns on.

i tried a ryzen 3100 and the CPU led turns on again.

I tested memory and my ryzen 5600 on another board and no problem, I think this motherboard is DOA ?

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Update, as I don't want to lose my money since I can't RMA I try different ram and even flash the bios with a pic programmer.

After the bios flashes with the programmer, if I put my ram the boot light lit on, but if you try another ram the motherboard Indicates there's is no problem but I have no video (even with 2 different cards) the keyboard even turns on but does not activate the key caps so it's like freeze

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Problem solved, and i will tell my mistake so if someone has the same issue will know how to solve it.

When I first updated the bios using the flash button and with the bare board it got updated successfully but seems i didn't have a post updated twice and one of the updates got corrupted, so i had to pay someone to dismount the chip from the board and programmed, after that, i had to put a ryzen 3100 to update to the correct bios version, my mistake was that I was not using an SSD with windows 10 on it, so I just had to put a drive with windows 10 and the card will post on windows. I had to change the GPU for an old one just to get into the bios after I changed to CSM I can access the bios or boot normally with my RX 580.

If you have the same board or same model just use the flash button with the bare bone and use the latest bios version available and make sure you have a windows 10 drive installed when botting for the first time. I spent like 40$ and almost 2 weeks trying to figure it what happened with the board and if i had a SSD with windows 10 in the beginning I wouldn't have wasted money and time.

indusone

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2010
Hi..

I wanted to say thanks to reporter as i faced the same issue with the MSI B550 carbon and 5600x.

You need a boot device to get the motherboard to post to boot screen. Its weird really. Never seen this boot device compulsion to post to bios.

Once again, thanks.