Question EZ Debug CPU turns on for a split second then pc completely turns off

Sep 25, 2022
So I've had this computer for only a couple months. Recently it hasn't been able to get past whats shown in the video.

Originally I had thought power supply issue, but i took it to pc repairs to check it out and it just turned on normally. Came back home and tried to turn on it, once again just doesnt turn on.

After that I had thought it may be a issue with power to the house so I turned off my dads computer and BAM! It turned on.

Next day same thing happened with no power, sadly couldnt replicate turning off dads computer. So yesterday I took out 1 stick of ram, it turned on, then out that ram stick back in so there was 2 again, then turned.

Today it wont turn on again, I really don't know what it is anymore.
I stress tested everything including the PSU and it showed no signs of issue.

If someones had this happen before or know what to do, please help. D:

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz Desktop RAM
PSU: NZXT C750 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
CPU: Intel 11th Gen Core i5-11400F LGA1200 Desktop Processor
Case: Karuza Elite Double TG Glasses with 4 RGB Fans Pandora ATX Gaming Case
Motherboard: MSI MAG B560 Tomahawk WiFi LGA1200 ATX Desktop Motherboard
GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3060 ELITE 12GB R2.0 LHR Graphics Card
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 ARGB Liquid Cooler

kaleem104

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2014
Is your and your dad's PC on the same circuit breaker? only reason I can think of that will make your PC work when your dad's is turned off is if everything you have plugged in collectively is drawing more than 15 amps of power (which is the typical house hold circuit). 15 amps at 110-120 volts will get you around 1650 to 1800 watts of power to be used among all the electronics plugged into outlets on that circuit. But I would imagine the circuit breaker would also trip if you try to draw too much from it... unless the PC power supply is more sensitive than the circuit breaker and it shuts off before the braker trips.

Anyway try plugging your computer into an outlet on a different circuit and see if it works there.