[SOLVED] EZ Debug Led CPU flashing after moving to a new case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2024
Hello, I hate to make threads like this and coming to ask for help, but I'm really lost and have no clue what to do anymore.

So I picked up few parts to upgrade my PC - mainly case, and GPU.

Before, my setup was:

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard - MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
GPU - Zotac Geforce 1070
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB
M2 SSD
And some basic 500W PU. I also changed my case, since the old one was having issues (broken front panel etc)

After the changes, the setup looks like this:

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard - MSI B350 TOMAHAWK
GPU - Zotac Geforce 4070 Super
RAM - Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB
M2 SSD
PU - MSI A650GF
And a new case + cooler for the CPU.

I plan to change the parts one step at the time, and change to AM5 later on (probably in a few months). Anyway, after assembling everything and transferring it to a new case, I tried to turn the PC on to check. Now what happens is:

1. I connected the PU cable to the PU.
2. I flip the switch on the PU to turn the power.
3. The Motherboard starts flashing LEDs, the GPU starts flashing LEDs, the fans barely turn for a split of a second, and the EZ Debug LED "CPU" also flashes at the same interval. I've heard about these EZ Debug leds being turned on all the time, but it's first time I'm seeing it flash like this.

What bothers me is that this happens even before me clicking the case power button. I have to flip the switch on the PU to turn it off.

Here's short video if that can help:
View: https://youtu.be/1SVunXa6KHc?si=HCD1gNX2xVwomnhS

I have no clue what is happening, and what may cause this. If there is anyone who could help or share some advice here, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yes, you plug both of those into the corresponding sockets on the PSU. They MUST be connected for proper operation.

Do you have the 8-pin power connection attached to both the motherboard and PSU as well?
Apr 6, 2024
Sorry forgot to add these earlier.

Case - COUGAR DUOFACE PRO RGB
Cooler - Fortis 5 Dual Fan

Will 750 be needed? I don't really plan on doing any OC, so when I was doing some reasearch earlier usually they said that the 650 should be fine.

I will do the breadboard asap, and will let you know if there are any changes. Thank you!

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
If you plan to change you mobo and CPU later on, then a bigger PSU now is a good investment or you may run into power issues when you do.
What's breadboard? First time i hear of it.
Now that took another look at the video i notice that clicking sound. That seems to be a PSU relay popping because something is sorting.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024
Guys, one question - sorry for the delay. I took everything out, and unplugged it.

Now the question - I noticed that in the motherboard cable, the mb cable end has 24 pins as usual.

However, the PU end has two ends - one with18 pins, and one with 10 pins. On the PU, there are 2 sockets - should I plug both ends (18 and 10 pins) to PU, or just use one? On the instruction it just says Motherboard, and doesn't specify which end to use.

I think I had only 18 pins plugged in to the PU. Could that be a reason for the issues?

//sorry if it's a dumb question, but I have a tendency to overthink stuff, and I've been assembling this PC in the middle of the night :expressionless:

Apr 6, 2024
Oh my god. It is working.

Yeah guess what - I didn't connect the second 10 pin cable to PSU.

Holy crap I am so dumb. That's my first modular PSU so yeah I think I just lacked experience ;D

I want to thank all of you guys for helping me out with this issue - if not for you, I would probably waste even more time with this crap :D

Ralston18

Titan
@barethify

Noted that you awarded a Best Answer which is certainly appropriate.

However, it appears that you awarded the Best Answer to yourself via Post #8 when you probably intended to award the Best Answer via Post #7.

If you are unable to change the Best Answer just post accordingly and it can be changed for you.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS