[SOLVED] EZ Debug LED Flashes red on CPU. Pc doesnt turn on.

Oct 19, 2019
So i just built my new pc, and when i go to turn it on, nothing turns on, no fans spinning, the graphics card doesnt spin, except i see a instant flash of red on the motherboard where it says EZ Debug LED, and it flashes the top one, so i assume it's the cpu.

I already checked that the cpu is in the right place, nothing is broken or anything, there's no power or whatever being picked up by the motherboard. I honestly have no clue what the problem is.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

MSI x570-a Pro Motherboard

16gb Corsair RAM 3200

EVGA 650gq semi modular psu

Aerocool Cylon Mid tower ATX case.

I've been trying to search online for any fix or anything but there's no help.

Note: When the instant flash of the LED shows, the motherboard fan spins a little and then stops, meaning Its receiving some what of power but is not powering the other items.

If someone could help me, i will appreciate it.

Solution
I would take the CPU back out and make sure there are no bent pins and that it is properly lined up with any and all alignment markings.

Reseat the RAM and graphics card. Make sure the 4+4 EPS power connection for the CPU is plugged into the motherboard. Reseat the 24 pin ATX connector. Make sure the CMOS battery is not for some reason installed upside down.

Disconnect ALL hard drives, including both power and data cables, to see if it will POST without them connected. There is no need for storage devices to be connected JUST to get the system to POST and enter the BIOS.

If you are using a power strip to plug the PSU into, ditch that, and plug directly into the wall socket.

TRIPLE check that you have not made a mistake hooking up...
Is your CPU cooler fan plugged in, to the CPU_FAN header?

Double check everything here, even if you THINK you've already checked it all.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019
Is your CPU cooler fan plugged in, to the CPU_FAN header?

Double check everything here, even if you THINK you've already check it all.

Yes, i can confirm its plugged into CPU_FAN1

I would take the CPU back out and make sure there are no bent pins and that it is properly lined up with any and all alignment markings.

Reseat the RAM and graphics card. Make sure the 4+4 EPS power connection for the CPU is plugged into the motherboard. Reseat the 24 pin ATX connector. Make sure the CMOS battery is not for some reason installed upside down.

Disconnect ALL hard drives, including both power and data cables, to see if it will POST without them connected. There is no need for storage devices to be connected JUST to get the system to POST and enter the BIOS.

If you are using a power strip to plug the PSU into, ditch that, and plug directly into the wall socket.

TRIPLE check that you have not made a mistake hooking up the front panel to board connections OR remove them ALL and jump the pwr + and - pins using a flat screwdriver to power on the system and verify that it is a switch problem, which would not be uncommon on a budget case that uses cheaper switches and front mini I/O boards.

Solution