[SOLVED] EZ DEBUG LED on CPU

Jan 1, 2019
I tried everything, as in EVERYTHING that i can troubleshoot. But my EZ DEBUG LED on CPU is blinking white and the computer doesn't boot at all, can't even get into the BIOS.

What I have is:
MSI Z370 SLI PLUS
I5 8600k
CX 650 PSU
GTX 1070 OC
2 8GB of RAM (2400)

I've been working on it for 12hrs and still no progress. I've seen other threads, followed them and still no progress. So please, if you can help me i will be more than happy.

Solution
The CPU debug LED indicates a missing or failed CPU. Remove the CPU (power down the PC and unplug), check for any bent pins in the LGA socket, check for any thermal paste in the pins. If there were no issues found, then reinstall CPU and cooler. Then clear the CMOS and reboot. Any improvement?

The CPU may have failed. The motherboard may have failed. If you have another supported CPU, you can test the motherboard by switching out the CPU.

Alternatively you can test the CPU in another supported motherboard.

I would say that it is more likely the motherboard is the failed component rather than the CPU (under normal operating conditions).

If you have a case speaker, install it. It will provide useful diagnostics concerning...
If starting the board outside the case, with only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected and still red CPU LED, then, assuming that the power supply does work, and CPU correctly installed, I would return both board and CPU to be replaced.

The CPU debug LED indicates a missing or failed CPU. Remove the CPU (power down the PC and unplug), check for any bent pins in the LGA socket, check for any thermal paste in the pins. If there were no issues found, then reinstall CPU and cooler. Then clear the CMOS and reboot. Any improvement?

The CPU may have failed. The motherboard may have failed. If you have another supported CPU, you can test the motherboard by switching out the CPU.

Alternatively you can test the CPU in another supported motherboard.

I would say that it is more likely the motherboard is the failed component rather than the CPU (under normal operating conditions).

If you have a case speaker, install it. It will provide useful diagnostics concerning the motherboard troubleshooting. It can indicate CPU Error for example.

Here is an example.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201032&cm_re=case_speaker-_-12-201-032-_-Product

Solution