EZ Gig IV Has Made my 1TB drives read that they are only about 370GB

Just-One

Reputable
Nov 26, 2015
So I got two new hard drives today. They were the SEAGATE-1000LM014 and the Samsung SSD 850 EVO and wanted to replace the two split drives in my ASUS G75VW DH74 3D. The process was relatively simple, open the program and clone the spilt drives onto my 1TB drives. So I did that and it took about 14 hours of my day up and thinking it was worth it was happy that it had finished. So I turn off my computer, open the hatch with screw at bottom, replace the hard drives and start my computer. I turn on my computer and open the file explorer to see if all my files had copied to see that the hard drive had gone from 1TB to a measly 370GB matching the original split drive full space but very, very inconvenient for me. I install the Samsung magician software thinking that my computer needs to just refresh once configured, it restarts my computer. It turns back on and I find that they are the same and that both drives only got the part from my C: and D: drives and nothing from the other split drive of E: and F:. I am very distraught and I came here for answers. If you are wondering the original hard drives were (for C: and D: drives) LITE-ON LAT-256M35 and (for E: and F: drives) HITACHI HTB-TS7SAD750 both came with the laptop. If you could give me a way to factory rest the Samsung and SEAGATE drives as I have a 2TB portable drive so I could transfer it manually or just a way to fix the drives so I don't have to open my computer again.
-Thanks

Hey there, Just-One.

It sounds like the rest of your space might be unallocated and if this is the case, all you need to do is create a new partition with it. You can do that via Disk Management. Check out this tutorial: How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows and Mac OSX. If you're not sure how to proceed, please post a screenshot of what you see in Disk Management and I'll check it out.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Boogieman_WD