Question Facebook Help, Please

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
All of a sudden (this week) my Facebook notifications won't load. This is on my desktop computer running Win 10. I've done all the updates possible (Windows & Chrome). I have changed nothing at all, other than done the updates. Anyone know what's going on?

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
contact facebook your account might have been hacked or disable after a report .

I have recieved no notifications that I've been put in FB jail or that I've posted anything "against community standards" on any site. However, some ads do show up. Just not personal notifications to me or anything I post.

In My Win 10 settings> apps Facebook isn't listed. Shouldn't it be there?

What's the best way to contact Facebook?

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
I wanted to add that my FB account has been set to "Private" for a long time. No one can see it who's not on my friends' list and some things are set so that only I can see.

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
Oddly enough, my FB account & nitifications are working fine on my Samsung Android tablet.
This leads me to think that a recent Windows update my be the culprit. Am I going off in the wriong direction thinking that?

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
Now I know - it's AdBlocker. AdBlocker was blocking Facebook notifications from loading. Found the answer on DownDetector.com. Tons of reports about the not loading issue.

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
we always have to check when we install software if they dont bug others they could be having to do some settings for the second poster seee your settings before and if it is not working strart a new post with the exact issue .

AdBlock was not newly installed, it hadbeen installed and coexisted with my Chrome for years. The issue arose from the latest Chrome update. For whatever reason, it adversely affected AdBlock. Or vice versa.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Chrome extension of AdBlock and Facebook immediately started acting normally.

SuzeC

Commendable
Jan 31, 2021
It seems to be working as it should now. I think it was a Chrome glitch introduced in the most recent update. I imagine there were a lot of reports about it.