Facebook, Motorola, Others Sued over Memory Storage Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

isoomega

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
I'm finding that patent infringement is getting out of hand........ guess that is the new norm to make profits nowadays :D

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
"The infringement claim does not mention any specific products that violate the patent"

"We don't actually know if there's infringement, but these giant tech companies must be using this extremely broad patent somewhere."

-This is my understanding.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I fail to see how someone can even file a lawsuit for infringement if they don't mention what products are infringing. Reminds me of something I saw on Wikipedia regarding a law article "The solution was criticized because it was practical".

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Surely the list of people being sued are users, not providers, of storage systems that could potentially violate the patent
Last time I checked Morgan Stanley, UBS and Citigroup were banks, not manufacturers of hard drives

G

I think the next patent troll company that makes a mockery of the patent system - and loses in court, should have the entire staff of the company dragged out, thrown up against a wall, and shot.

That'll send a clear message to other would-be patent troll companies out there.

But... that's just my opinion :D

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I doubt it is the product they are selling. As none of these company's mentioned produce hard drives. I think it means the way their servers are being used.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
[citation][nom]IJustWantToPost18[/nom]I think the next patent troll company that makes a mockery of the patent system - and loses in court, should have the entire staff of the company dragged out, thrown up against a wall, and shot.[/citation]
Apple?

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]IJustWantToPost18[/nom]I think the next patent troll company that makes a mockery of the patent system - and loses in court, should have the entire staff of the company dragged out, thrown up against a wall, and shot. That'll send a clear message to other would-be patent troll companies out there. But... that's just my opinion[/citation]

[citation][nom]opmopadop[/nom]Apple?[/citation]

I think it should be just the law department and the highest executives, since they are the ones that in the end give the orders and prepare the troll lawsuits.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
They should just ditch the whole system for large companies and let them run as patent anarchy. reserve the patent system for small start ups and individuals who need the protection.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]isoomega[/nom]I'm finding that patent infringement is getting out of hand........ guess that is the new norm to make profits nowadays[/citation]
the whole system is flawed...what did you expect....they need to get rid of it

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]IJustWantToPost18[/nom]I think the next patent troll company that makes a mockery of the patent system - and loses in court, should have the entire staff of the company dragged out, thrown up against a wall, and shot. That'll send a clear message to other would-be patent troll companies out there. But... that's just my opinion[/citation]
Doesn't have to be the whole staff, just the lawyers those damn lawyers cause all this trouble and they take most all the money too.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Funny thing is, these large companies buy the storage tech from other companies. Namely, the companies that create their storage solutions. Like Dell or HP. They are suing people that use the tech that they bought from another company, instead of the company that made the tech... even though the companies that made the tech have been making it for far longer than the patent has existed.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Surely the list of people being sued are users, not providers, of storage systems that could potentially violate the patent...Last time I checked Morgan Stanley, UBS and Citigroup were banks, not manufacturers of hard drives[/citation]
when they are the largest shareholder of the company in violation that makes them the majority OWNER.

stephenkendrick

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Doesn't have to be the whole staff, just the lawyers those damn lawyers cause all this trouble and they take most all the money too.[/citation]

Agreed. Oh, and not shot; that's too quick. Come on, what would be a suitable 'reward' for all their 'hard work'?

Status
Not open for further replies.