Facebook Q4: $1.59B in Revenue, 1.06B Monthly Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So they make about a $1.50 on each person on facebook in revenue and about 6.4 cents per user in profit. If you think about it that way, its not really that profitable

G

Facebook only makes $1.59 billion in revenue and $849 in expenses, so $741 million in profits per quarter or about $3 billion a year assuming at constant rate of revenue and expenses. Huh, estimated by stock brokers to be worth 100 billion dollar company when it first released as an IPO. Guess the stock brokers were betting that all the planets will align to their favor in the next five years if the first four goes facebook's way.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]1500 bucks per person per year just from selling your personal info.[/citation]
I dont understand how you came to 1500 per person. 1.59 billion revenue, 1 billion people.
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Facebook only makes $1.59 billion in revenue and $849 in expenses, so $741 million in profits per quarter or about $3 billion a year assuming at constant rate of revenue and expenses. Huh, estimated by stock brokers to be worth 100 billion dollar company when it first released as an IPO. Guess the stock brokers were betting that all the planets will align to their favor in the next five years if the first four goes facebook's way.[/citation]
Howd you come to the conclusion of $741 million profits when the article states $64 million profits?

G

[citation][nom]therabiddeer[/nom]I dont understand how you came to 1500 per person. 1.59 billion revenue, 1 billion people.Howd you come to the conclusion of $741 million profits when the article states $64 million profits?[/citation]
I skimmed the article, and was wondering "where is the net profit stated?" I am tired after studying an exam FYI. Regardless, 64 million is lame for a multi-billion dollar company.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]I skimmed the article, and was wondering "where is the net profit stated?" I am tired after studying an exam FYI. Regardless, 64 million is lame for a multi-billion dollar company.[/citation]
Definitely, that profit margin is minuscule. It is still a profit though, I guess. Their servers cost a fortune to build too and they did order a lot this last year so profits might be higher this year if they dont have to buy new ones again.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ipwn3r456[/nom]By active users, does logging in for a few minutes and logging off counts as an active user?[/citation]

Is having sex and it lasting for only a few minutes before "logging off" considered sexually active? I would think so.

[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]1500 bucks per person per year just from selling your personal info.[/citation]

Where'd you come up with $1500 per year? 1.05Billion users per month, we'll just assume those are all recurring users. So that's about $1.50 per person per year in ad revenue and personal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.