Facebook Stock Drops Below $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]color the entire IT world surprised. Next year when you look up "Facebook IPO" on Wikipedia, it will say see "Ponzi Scheme"[/citation]

More like a "Yo' be stupid to buy at $38/share" scheme.

Seriously though, doesn't take a genius to realize the company is not worth $104 billion. Hopefully someone will be punished because of it too, because the drop in Facebook stock impacted other stocks as well. But, financial people seem to have a knack of getting outta tight legal situations.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
For a company with a business model of selling out the people who voluntarily give them private information, its kind of sad that they still have nothing to show for it...

malice81

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I honestly believe that despite these minor setbacks, facebook will wind up rising to be very profita... pffffffff, hahahahaha, couldn't even get through it :-D

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
So in "The Social Network 2" we should see details about how he didn't just screw his friend out of huge amounts of money, but also thousands of shareholders.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]More like a "Yo' be stupid to buy at $38/share" scheme.Seriously though, doesn't take a genius to realize the company is not worth $104 billion. Hopefully someone will be punished because of it too, because the drop in Facebook stock impacted other stocks as well. But, financial people seem to have a knack of getting outta tight legal situations.[/citation]

Ha! No one will be punished for this, at least not the people responible for it. Some lower pawns will be the ones to take the fall.

The ones that made the 100s of millions to a billion plus will just laugh at the suckers who bought the stock.

The entire tech world knew this was going to happen.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]I'm really curious to see where those "analysts" predicting the stock doubling in a year is now.[/citation]
Probably on an island they now own.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]Facebook is already more established than the telephone was in its infancy. I don't think it's going anywhere.[/citation]

If you say so, you just can't handle you fell for the stock hype and it's crashing down on you.

oj88

Honorable
May 23, 2012
If the unlocked 271 million shares can cut its IPO price in half, what will happen when 1200 million shares are set free on 12/13/2012, which could be the doomsday for Facebook's stock price. You just cannot trust Wall Street.

Date More Shares for Sale
05/17/12 421M, IPO
08/16/12 271M
11/15/12 137M
12/13/12 1200M
01/15/13 149M
06/18/13 47M

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Now I understand why there is an wealth disparity. The middle class is constantly fooled into funneling money into Wall Street. Anybody that put in $1000 into Facebook does not know where $500 of that money went. It is unlikely the dividends will make up for it, and the long term for Facebook is bleak.

I don't know there are only a couple of prestigious stock exchanges. It would be more fair to have more stock exchanges, and for people to invest on things they know. Playing the stock market like a lottery inevitably drives people to lose their money... like the lottery.

I knew the values of this company where dodgy since one of the co-founders renounce US citizenship to allegedly dodge taxes.

G

If I had shorted this sinking ship at $40 I would be cashing out and reloading for the next 50% drop to $10. I thought the big players would keep it pumped up for a while but not even they who control the market anyway want to mess with it.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I don't trust Facebook and what it does with my personal information - plain and simple. I don't have faith in their business model in terms of how they generate revenue and see it as a very unreliable/unstable system for them. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the stock value continues to spiral downwards. This whole IPO felt like a scam with all the dirty info and problems surrounding it. Rest assured though, there were plenty that made their hefty cut from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.